lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ben Dotte" <ben.do...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Intermittent search performance problem
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 21:48:03 GMT
Good suggestion, I tried watching the GCs in YourKit while testing but
unfortunately they don't seem to line up with the searches that take
forever. They also don't last long enough to make up that kind of
time. I have our heap limited to 1GB right now and its using around
768MB of that.

On 11/3/06, Ben Dotte <ben.dotte@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out a way to troubleshoot a performance problem
> we're seeing when searching against a memory-based index. What happens
> is we will run a search against the index and it generally returns in
> 1 second or less. But every once in a while it takes 15-20 seconds for
> the exact same search for no apparent reason.

Are you sure it's not just a big GC?  How big is your heap?

-Yonik