lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Inderjeet Kalra" <Inderjeet.Ka...@headstrong.com>
Subject Full text searching on documents saved in database as BLOB
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 07:17:49 GMT
Hi,

I have a query related to the full text searching on documents saved in
database as BLOB. In our application, we are planning to save our
documents in the database as BLOB and we have a requirement of searching
a document on it's meta data and the content of the document i.e. search
within document.

Will Lucene serve our purpose, I have gone through the Lucene FAQs and
various issues on the site but I am unable to find any references to the
documents saved in the database as BLOB.

1. How can I search on the metadata of the document saved in the
database as BLOB

2. How can I search on the content of the document i.e. search within
the document saved in the database as BLOB

If anyone has implemented the same functionality, can you suggest me any
sample code so that i can start using lucene for the same.

There is another search engine i.e. Oracle Text search engine which also
does the same but which one is better ?

Thanks & Regards

Inderjeet

***The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review,retransmission,dissemination
contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.***