lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Lamprecht" <clampre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: labels search like google mail?
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2006 09:23:52 GMT
Sure.. using Lucene you could have a field called "labels" (or "tags", as
everyone except google calls them), and just add a bunch of keyword field
values to the field, one for each tag.   The tricky part might be doing this
quickly -- right when the user adds a tag, updating the lucene index -- if
your project requires this.  Or if you're using a database, it might make
sense to just use the database instead of lucene for this particular feature
(DB updates are typically more straightforward than "updating" a lucene
document).

-chris