lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From spinergywmy <>
Subject how to search string with words
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 11:31:33 GMT

   I wonder how I can perform search on string of words within PDF file
contents, for instance,

      I type "third party license" in the search text box, I'm using

           String searchString = request.getParameter("txtSearch");

           QueryParser parser = new QueryParser("contents", analyzer);

           Query query = parser.parse(searchString);

      From the system.out.println(), I noticed that the query has been
broken like below:

           contents:third contents:party contents:license

      So, I m wondering how can I make the query becomes contents:third
party license? And make the searching more accurate.

Wooi Meng

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message