lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From spinergywmy <spinergy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Filter query method
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 09:56:00 GMT

Hi Doron,

   Thanks for the suggestion.

   However, the solution that u suggest come close to what I really want.

   The scenario sound like this:

      when I key in the first search query, for instance, "Java", the return
result has 3 records. Next, the perform the second search, which the query
this time is "Tomcat".

      within my first search result, there is only one record that contains
"Java" and "Tomcat" words, therefore, there should be only one record return
for 2nd search. And the highlight is now move from "Java" to "Tomcat".

      basically, my second search query should be searching within the first
result records rather than go back to the index folder to redo the search
contents again.

   I hope I did explain what I have to do. Is there any solution for this?
Hope to hear from you soon.

regards,
Wooi Meng