lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Michele Amoretti" <amore...@ce.unipr.it>
Subject simple (?) question about scoring
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2006 14:36:48 GMT
Hello, I am completely new at Lucene. I browsed the web site and the
source code, searching for an example which illustrates the following
operation:

given a Query and a Document, return the score

To me, this is a very basic operation, but I cannot find a class which
easily provide this functionality.

E.g. the Similarity class provides methods which return the factors of
the scoring formula, but I would like a method which returns the score
directly.

Is this possible?

Is the Scorer class the solution? Javadoc is too poor to understand
how to use it. Btw, I do not have an index, I have 1 Document, and 1
Query.

Thanks

--
Michele Amoretti, Ph.D.