lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From jeff.rich...@sevajug.org
Subject Re: Query question
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 04:12:06 GMT
Ah good question.  The data that I am needing to query on is not a set
definition of tables or columns like a database is.  Let me give two
examples:

1.) I have data like name="Jeff" lastname="Richley" age="33" and I need to
be able to query by any combination such as name="Jeff" age="33".  But if
I query with name="Jeffrey" there is no match.

2.) The name value pairs are not really controlled until the end user is
inserting information or querying.  I may have the data from the previous
example and then have another that has address information and then
something totally unrelated such as stock prices.  The point is, I can't
guarantee what exactly will be in the data.

If you need any other information, let me know.  I do realize that Lucene
may not really be a perfect fit.  That is why I am doing my research
before the project gets ramped up.  Once again, thanks for any help.

Jeff Richley