lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Oracle and Lucene Integration
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 19:30:41 GMT
Marcelo Ochoa wrote:
>  Then I'll move the code outside the lucene-2.0 code tree to be
> packed as subdirectory of the contrib area, for example.
>  Other alternative is to make an small zip file and send it to the
> list as attach as a preliminary (alpha-alpha version ;)

This sounds like great potential addition to Lucene!

I encourage you to create an issue in Jira and attach your code there
now.  (Anyone can create themselves a Jira account.)

There's no need to wait until it is cleaned up: attach an initial
version to an issue and describe what you intend to do next, then attach
improved versions later.  That way other folks can provide input, and,
heaven forbid, should you for some reason lose interest before it is
polished, someone else can complete the work.

Thanks!

Doug