lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Antony Bowesman <...@teamware.com>
Subject Re: Limiting QueryParser
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 04:01:00 GMT
Mark Miller wrote:
> if you scan the query and escape all colons (ie \:) then you should be
> good (I have not verified). Of course you will not be able to do a field
> search, but that seems to be what your after.

Thanks for that suggestion.  However, a standard un-escaped parse gives

Input - important:conference agenda
Query - important:conference body:agenda

Escaping the : gives

Input - important\:conference agenda
Query - subject:"important conference" subject:agenda

which has caused it to generate a PhraseQuery for important conference which is
incorrect.

The following

Input - important\:"conference agenda"
Query - subject:important subject:"conference agenda"

is correct.  Is that a bug in the middle one?
Antony