lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Luis Rodrigo Aguado <lrodr...@isoco.com>
Subject Combining scores
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 09:02:57 GMT
Hi all,

I am working in a project that, for each query from the user, builds
four or five different queries and tries to combine the results. The
first part is already working, but, as I have read that the scores from
different queries are not comparable at all among them, I am a bit stuck
in the second part. Which could be a good strategy to get a unified
score merging the results from different queries over the same index. Is
there anything already done on that?

I have searched through the list, but all I have found is threads like this:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.lucene.user/10810

that only warn about the incompatibility of scores, but not any clue
about how to solve it.

Thanks!

Luis.

--

*Luis Rodrigo Aguado*

Innovation and R&D

Research Manager

lrodrigo(at)isoco.com

#T  +34913349777

C/Pedro de Valdivia, 10

28006, Madrid, Spain

* *

*iSOCO** *

            intelligent software for the networked economy

            www.isoco.com <http://www.isoco.com/>

información privilegiada o confidencial. Si no es vd. el destinatario
indicado, queda notificado de que la utilización, divulgación y/o copia
sin autorización está prohibida en virtud de la legislación vigente. Si
ha recibido este mensaje por error, le rogamos que nos lo comunique
inmediatamente por esta misma vía y proceda a su destrucción.

information that is CONFIDENTIAL and protected by professional
privilege. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, copy or disclosure of this communication is
strictly prohibited by law. If this message has been received in error,
please immediately notify us via e-mail and delete it.