lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Stephan Spat <>
Subject Q: Searching - Use of field to increase score, without filtering
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2006 09:04:05 GMT
Hello everybody!

I used Weka-classification to classify document into different classes.
In Lucene I saved the predicted classes (besides the document +
metadata) for these docs into a field called preclasses. Now I would
like to use this field to boost the score, if a userquery agree to the
value of this field. But I don't like to filter by this field, which
means: if a userquery for the field preclasses fits to the value of the
field, all documents (indenpentent from the value  of the field
preclasses) should be returned, but for documents where the value of the
preclasses field matches to the user-input should be used for boosting
the score (therefore I set the boostfactor of the field preclasses to a
higher value than 1).

In short: The field preclasses should be used as a booster and not as a
filter! Is this possible? And how?

Thanks a lot!

Stephan Spat

To unsubscribe, e-mail: