lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Antony Bowesman <...@teamware.com>
Subject IOException question
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2006 02:48:26 GMT
Hi,

I have the IndexWriter.infoStream set to System.out and get the following

merging segments _4m (2 docs) _4n (1 docs) into _4o (3 docs)
java.io.IOException: Cannot delete PathToDB\_29.cfs; Will re-try later.
java.io.IOException: Cannot delete PathToDB\_29.cfs; Will re-try later.

Is this normal?  IndexWriter.deleteFiles() is giving the message and it
explicitly catches the IOException which is what makes me think it might be normal.

On the other hand, I'm a newbie, so I'm probably doing something wrong, but I
can't figure out what.  It happens consistently when I open the index and add a
document to it.  It doesn't seem to affect the indexes at all.

Any ideas what can cause this?
Antony