lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Michael D. Curtin" <m...@curtin.com>
Subject Re: term vectors
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2006 20:14:48 GMT
Phil Rosen wrote:

> I would like to get the sum of frequency counts for each term in the fields
> I specify across the search results. I can just iterate through the
> documents and use getTermFreqVector() for each desired field on each
> document, then sum that; but this seems slow to me.

It seems that you really do want a custom statistical analysis of the hit
documents, an analysis that is specific not just to the hits, but to the query
as well.  I don't think there's anything built into Lucene to do this for you.

Have you run getTermFreqVector(), with representative data and query, to see
what its performance actually turns out to be?

--MDC