lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Michael D. Curtin" <>
Subject Re: term vectors
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2006 20:14:48 GMT
Phil Rosen wrote:

> I would like to get the sum of frequency counts for each term in the fields
> I specify across the search results. I can just iterate through the
> documents and use getTermFreqVector() for each desired field on each
> document, then sum that; but this seems slow to me.

It seems that you really do want a custom statistical analysis of the hit
documents, an analysis that is specific not just to the hits, but to the query
as well.  I don't think there's anything built into Lucene to do this for you.

Have you run getTermFreqVector(), with representative data and query, to see
what its performance actually turns out to be?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message