lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Transaction support in Lucene
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 18:09:49 GMT
Rajesh parab wrote:

> Does anyone know if there is any plan in adding transaction support in Lucene?

I don't know of specific plans.

This has been discussed before on user & dev lists.  I know the
Compass project builds transactional support on top of Lucene.

Are you asking for transaction support shared with something external
(eg a database)?  Meaning updates to the DB and to Lucene either
atomically succeed or fail, together?

Or, are you asking for transactional behaviour of updates just to
Lucene, eg, you want to do a bunch of adds & deletes but have them not
be visible (committed) until the end of your transaction and roll back
on any failure?

Mike