lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Martin Braun <mbr...@uni-hd.de>
Subject Re: Best approach for exact Prefix Field Query
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 16:18:47 GMT
Hi Erik,

> SpanFirstQuery is what you're after.

thanks for this hint (@Erick: thanks for the good explanation of my prob),

I read the chapter for the spanfirstquery in LIA, but what I don't
understand is, how do i have to do a "Phrase" SpanFirstQuery?
I found a message with example code (
http://www.nabble.com/Speedup-indexing-process-tf1140025.html#a3034612 ):

here's my jruby snippet:

   SpanFirstQuery = org.apache.lucene.search.spans.SpanFirstQuery
   SpanTermQuery = org.apache.lucene.search.spans.SpanTermQuery
   Term = org.apache.lucene.index.Term

   sp = SpanFirstQuery.new(SpanTermQuery.new(Term.new("TI",search)),2)
   hits = searcher.search(sp)
   for i in 0...hits.length
      puts hits.doc(i).getField("kurz")
   end

I get no results for "action and" (there are some docs with beginning
with "action and" in the title) but i get (correct) results for "action",
What am I doing wrong here?

tia,
martin

>     Erik
>

> On Nov 14, 2006, at 8:32 AM, Martin Braun wrote:
>
>> hi,
>>
>> i would like to provide a exact "PrefixField Search", i.e. a search for
>> exactly the first words in a field.
>> I think I can't use a PrefixQuery because it would find also substrings
>> inside the field, e.g.
>> action* would find titles like "Action and knowledge" but also (that's
>> what i don't want it to find)
>> "Lucene in Action"
>>
>> As a regex it would be sth. like /^Action and.*/
>>
>> Now the question for me is how to implement this functionality, I see to
>> ways:
>>
>> 1) Some kind of TermEnum over all Docs (or the prefixquery results?) and
>> string comparison
>> 2) Using the regex contribution
>> 3) a super -fast lucene function I have overseen :)
>>
>> with 2) I am worrying about performance, anybody have experiences with
>> regex-queries?
>>
>> .. but same for 1) anybody already impolemented this already and could
>> give some code samples / hints ?
>>
>> tia,
>>

>> martin

Universitaetsbibliothek Heidelberg   Tel: +49 6221 54-2580
Ploeck 107-109, D-69117 Heidelberg   Fax: +49 6221 54-2623