lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bernard <emman...@hibernate.org>
Subject Re: Modelling relational data in Lucene Index?
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 19:28:51 GMT
Hi,
What exactly are your concerned about the "non-detached" approach (see
below)?

Chris Lu wrote:

> I would prefer a detached approach instead of Hibernate or EJB's
> approach, which is kind of too tightly coupled with any system. How to
it is probably going to be couple with yours ;-)
> rebuild if the index is corrupted, or you have a new Analyzer, or
I've introduced a session.index() which forces the (re)indexing of the
document
> schema evolves? How to make it multi-thread safe?
What do you mean by multithread safe? The indexing?
the indexing is multithread safe in the Hibernate Lucene integration

The query process?
the query doesn't have to since you query on a give session (aka user
conversation), so no multithread threat here.