lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bernard <emman...@hibernate.org>
Subject Re: Modelling relational data in Lucene Index?
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 19:19:39 GMT
Hi
No, he is talking about
http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/annotations/reference/en/html/lucene.html

Also note that I'm about to release a new version much more flexible
http://www.mail-archive.com/hibernate-dev%40lists.jboss.org/msg00392.html
and for the future (but flexible)
http://www.mail-archive.com/hibernate-dev%40lists.jboss.org/msg00393.html

Note that Compass is an alternative approach. I haven't really looked at
the project in detail, the main drawback for me and some other people
who compared the 2 were
 - it requires you to deal with a different API than your ORM
 - it does not give you back a managed (ORM) object on query results
 - it abstracts quite a lot Lucene

I guess you need to check by yourself

Emmanuel

Rajesh parab wrote:
> Thanks Mark.
>
> Can you please tell me more about the Lucene add-on you are talking about? Are you talking
about Compass?

> Regards,
> Rajesh

inside the document. There is no relationship between any field.

>> I would like to enable index based search for some of the components inside relational
database. For exmaple, let say "Folder" Object. The Folder object can have relationship with
File object. The File object, in turn, can have attributes like is image, is text file, etc.
So, the stricture is

>>     Folder -- > File
>>              ------- > is image, is text file, ......
>>

>> I would like to enable a search to find a Folder with File of type image. How can
we model such relational data inside Lucene index?