lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Olenin" <>
Subject RE: Help on search
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 16:54:10 GMT
Search for 'Fred*' if I'm not mistaken...

-----Original Message-----
From: Alice []
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 11:51 AM
Subject: Help on search

I am totally new to Lucene and I'm trying to use it with my web

What I'm doing is reading a table from my database line by line and
indexing the columns.

I read the users data such as First Name, Last Name, Email and so on.

I hava a field by column, such as: firstName="Frederich"

My intetion is to make users find other users using name, lastName or

What is the best way to do it?

If the user enter "Fred Brown", as I use queryParser, this string is
broken to "Fred" "Brown" and I search those tokens in every field.

As "Brown" was indexed, the user's registry is found.

But if the user enters "Fred", no user is found.

Why is that? I thought it would return the user "Frederich Brown"

Can someone help?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message