lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: stemmer
Date Sat, 18 Nov 2006 15:49:27 GMT
Thomas:

There are some rather extensive threads on this list about the "interesting"
issues that exist when indexing/searching other languages. I think you'd
find it worthwhile to search the list archive for foreign language or some
such...

The short answer as I remember is that there *is* a built-in stemmer, but
whether it does what you want when indexing multiple languages depends upon
what results you expect to get...and there's no clear answer that I
remember....

Erick