lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Urgent : Specific string query search
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 17:49:52 GMT
First, I'd ask why you need to search on punctuation. This often leads you
into an overly-complex place. My first suggestion is that you re-think
whether that's desirable. If it's not, just use different analyzer at index
and search time.

If it is desirable, then you probably need to make your own analyzer that
does the same thing as WhitespaceAnalyzer but just lowercases the tokens and
use that in *both* indexing and querying. The actual code to create your own
analyzer is very, very, very small. See the Lucene source for
WhitespaceAnalyzer and WhitespaceTokenizer.........

As far as I know, WhiteSpaceAnalyzer does support the field:text format. Try
getting a copy of Luke (google lucene luke) and use that to examine your
index. You can fire queries at it using, for instance, WhitespaceAnalyzer
and see what actually happens. I'm betting that you're aren't executing the
query you think you are. Could you post a code snippet illustrating the
problem?

Best
Erick