lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Newbie Search Question
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 08:54:21 GMT

On Nov 20, 2006, at 3:20 AM, sirakov wrote:
> E:\Temp>java org.apache.lucene.demo.SearchFiles
> Query: Kulturthema
> Searching for: kulturthema
> 2 total matching documents
> 1. E:\Temp\linux-vani\Programm_SS06.rtf
> 2. E:\Temp\linux-vani\Programm_SS06.doc
> Query:
>

> But how I can insert some text into the search results. I must use the
> highligter or what? Unfortunately, I find no tips about that under
> http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/gettingstarted.html.

The demo code does not tap into highlighting.  To integrate the
highlighter, you'll use its API and add it to the Java code that
outputs the results.  It's API is here:

	<http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/search/
highlight/package-summary.html>

You'll learn more about the usage of the API by perusing the test
cases available along with the source code (either in the source
distribution or Subversion directly).

	Erik