lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Error in QueryTermExtractor.getTermsFromBooleanQuery
Date Sun, 26 Nov 2006 06:24:39 GMT
Hi,

I just moved from 1.9.1 to 2.1-dev.  One error that seems to happen a lot now is below.  I
haven't had the chance to investigate yet (note the time), but I thought I'd throw (no pun
intended) it out there and see if anyone else has seen this before.

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: prohibited
        at org.apache.lucene.search.highlight.QueryTermExtractor.getTermsFromBooleanQuery(QueryTermExtractor.java:91)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.highlight.QueryTermExtractor.getTerms(QueryTermExtractor.java:66)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.highlight.QueryTermExtractor.getTerms(QueryTermExtractor.java:59)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.highlight.QueryTermExtractor.getTerms(QueryTermExtractor.java:45)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.highlight.QueryScorer.<init>(QueryScorer.java:48)

The only thing I know so far is that the field I'm passing to the highlighter is actually
empty, so there will be nothing to highlight, but it still shouldn't bomb.  Here is a snippet
from my code:

            TokenStream tokenStream = ANALYZER.tokenStream(_textFieldName, new StringReader(text));
             highlightText = _highlighter.getBestFragments(tokenStream, text, _maxNumFragmentsRequired,
"...");

That "text" variable holds the content of the field, and I just happen to know it's empty/blank
(I currently don't store anything in that Field).  I can't test with a non-empty field right
now to check whether that throws QueryTermExtractor off.

Thanks,
Otis