lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Minor issues with sample Web app
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 04:05:18 GMT
I think this was already fixed after 2.0 release.  The fix would be in the SVN trunk.

Otis

----- Original Message ----
From: David Halsted <david.halsted@gmail.com>
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Saturday, November 4, 2006 10:09:15 PM
Subject: Minor issues with sample Web app

I ran into a couple of minor issues with the sample Web app included
in the Lucene 2.0.0 download in results.jsp.  Not sure whether this
list is the right place to bring this up but thought I'd try.

*) At line 81, there's a line that assumes a static
parse(String,String,Analyzer) in QueryParser, and there isn't one in
this version, so I was throwing a Jasper error.  It's easy to fix but
it might confuse some folks:

//query = QueryParser.parse(queryString, "contents", analyzer);
QueryParser qp = new QueryParser("contents", analyzer);
query = qp.parse(queryString);

*) org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexHTML calls HTMLDocument, which creates
a field called "path" and fills it with the URL of the file.
results.jsp has the following around line 130:

String url = doc.get("url");

Of course, that returns null (the field is called "path", not "url"),
so the result sets you get back look really broken (none of the links
to the docuements work).  This works:

String url = doc.get("path");

So, not a big deal, but might be nice to fix sometime.

Dave Halsted