lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Rajesh parab <rajesh_para...@yahoo.com>
Subject Modelling relational data in Lucene Index?
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 03:03:34 GMT
Hi,

As I understand, Lucene has a flat structure where you can define multiple fields inside the
document. There is no relationship between any field.

I would like to enable index based search for some of the components inside relational database.
For exmaple, let say "Folder" Object. The Folder object can have relationship with File object.
The File object, in turn, can have attributes like is image, is text file, etc. So, the stricture
is

    Folder -- > File

             ------- > is image, is text file, ......

I would like to enable a search to find a Folder with File of type image. How can we model
such relational data inside Lucene index?

Regards,
Rajesh