lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Marcelo Ochoa" <>
Subject Re: Oracle and Lucene Integration
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 19:45:37 GMT
Hi Doug:
  I'll create a Jira account today and extract my code from the
lucene-2.0.0 tree.
  Then I'll upload to Jira to get more feedback.
  May be the first optimization for the TODO list will be replace the
insert/delete/update Data  Cartridge entry points for a new code which
put the modification in a queue to be processed with a new Sync method
regularly using an Oracle's DBMS_SCHEDULER or by the user's
application code.
  Best regards, Marcelo.

On 11/22/06, Doug Cutting <> wrote:
> Marcelo Ochoa wrote:
> >  Then I'll move the code outside the lucene-2.0 code tree to be
> > packed as subdirectory of the contrib area, for example.
> >  Other alternative is to make an small zip file and send it to the
> > list as attach as a preliminary (alpha-alpha version ;)
> This sounds like great potential addition to Lucene!
> I encourage you to create an issue in Jira and attach your code there
> now.  (Anyone can create themselves a Jira account.)
> There's no need to wait until it is cleaned up: attach an initial
> version to an issue and describe what you intend to do next, then attach
> improved versions later.  That way other folks can provide input, and,
> heaven forbid, should you for some reason lose interest before it is
> polished, someone else can complete the work.
> Thanks!
> Doug
> For additional commands, e-mail:

Marcelo F. Ochoa
Do you Know DBPrism? Look @ DB Prism's Web Site
More info?
Chapter 17 of the book "Programming the Oracle Database using Java &
Web Services"
Chapter 21 of the book "Professional XML Databases" - Wrox Press
Chapter 8 of the book "Oracle & Open Source" - O'Reilly

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message