lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Øyvind Stegard <oyvind.steg...@usit.uio.no>
Subject Re: NFS and Lucene 2.0 status - still troublesome ?
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 09:07:24 GMT
man, 13,.11.2006 kl. 12.02 -0500, skrev Michael McCandless:
> The quick answer is: NFS is still problematic in Lucene 2.0.
>
> The longer answer is: we'd like to fix this, but it's not fully fixed
> yet.  You can see here:
>
>      http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-673
>
> for gory details.
<snip>

Thanks for the detailed and helpful replies. We will be doing some more
investigating into the issues and consider our options. We are
definitely looking at Solr, as well.

Does anyone have any successful experiences using Lucene over network
file systems other than NFS ? Any recommendations or tips ?

Regards,
Øyvind Stegard
USIT, University of Oslo
--
< Øyvind Stegard < oyvind stegard at usit uio no >
 < SAUS/USIT, UiO