lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Van Nguyen" <vngu...@ur.com>
Subject any ides on this type of analyzer?
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 01:25:18 GMT
I've been trying to brainstorm on this but could not figure out a way to
go about this.

Let's say I'm searching for "batman".  I want results that include:

batman

bat man

bat-man

etc.

or if I search screwdriver, I would want results to include:

screwdriver

screw drivers

etc.

I've tried using the SnowballAnalyzer.  I've thought about creating a
"SynonymAnalyzer" as described in the Lucene In Action book (but that
would mean I would have to know all the synonyms for each word I need to
index - at this point I do not).  Any suggestions on how to go about
this?

Van