lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Eric Brown <yogieric....@gmail.com>
Subject How important is closing an IndexSearcher/IndexModifier on application exit?
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 10:45:38 GMT
I'm the only application accessing my index. Is there any chance the
lucene index might remain in a locked state if I don't call close()
my IndexSearcher or IndexModifier on applicaiton exit?

I'm several layers down in a webapp, so using Runtime.addShutdownHook
() is unreliable if my webapp is undeployed by my container. And
using finalizers for this seems unreliable. I don't have access to
the ServletContext. I suppose I would write some kind of lifecycle
thing.

Cheers,
Eric