lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Keegan" <peterlkee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Announcement: Lucene powering Monster job search index (Beta)
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 16:31:05 GMT
Joe,

Fields with numeric values are stored in a separate file as binary values in
an internal format. Lucene is unaware of this file and unaware of the range
expression in the query. The range expression is parsed outside of Lucene
and used in a custom HitCollector to filter out documents that aren't in the
requested range(s). A goal was to do this without having to modify Lucene.
Our scheme is pretty efficient, but not very general purpose in its current
form, though.

Peter