lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Incremental updates / slow searches.
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2006 17:49:34 GMT
The biggest thing would be to limit how often you open a new
IndexSearcher, and when you do, warm up the new searcher in the
background while you continue serving searches with the existing
searcher.  This is the strategy that Solr uses.

There is also the issue of if you are analyzing/merging docs on the
same servers that you are executing searches on.  You can use a
separate box to build the index and distribute changes to boxes used
for searching.

-Yonik