lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ariel Isaac Romero Cartaya" <isaacr...@gmail.com>
Subject Big problem with big indexes
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 21:36:31 GMT
 Hi everybody:

     I have a big problem making prallel searches in big indexes.
     I have indexed with lucene over 60 000 articles, I have distributed the
indexes in 10 computers nodes so each index not exceed the 60 MB of size. I
makes parallel searches in those indexes but I get the search results after
40 MINUTES !!! Then I put the indexes in memory to do the parallel searches
But still I get the search results after 3 minutes !!! that`s to mucho time
waiting !!!
  How Can I reduce the time of search ???
  Could you help me please ???
  I need help !!!!!