lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bill Taylor <>
Subject Re: a design question
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 15:38:01 GMT
IN THEORY, EJB containers are better able than Tomcat to spread
incoming requests over a multitude of servers.  There was considerable
discussion some time ago about index search speed on a single
processor.   I do not remember the details, but there was some
information about how fast a search might be expected to go with one

If that is fast enough, Tomcat should suffice.

My search application has a few short documents so my experience is not