lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Miller" <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Large index question
Date Sat, 14 Oct 2006 01:41:38 GMT
I recently played around with a 2 million doc index of docs that averaged
between 2-10k. The system had 4 gig of ram and a 3 gig dual core proc (not
using a parallel searcher to take advantage of the extra core)...pretty
beefy, but with 4 times the docs your talking about. I didn't see a query
that took over a second without a sort.

A similar setup on a single core 3200+ AMD 64 with a gig of ram was also
blazingly fast (no sorts involved again).

- Mark