lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Lucene 2.0.1 release date
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 05:04:36 GMT

: The point is that releases are not planned ahead of time, so we can
: never tell which files that have been modified between, say, X.Y and
: X.Y.Z release.  We know that only when the release is made.  In short,

that's not entirely true ... it's very easy to determine exactly what has
changed between any two releases by diffing the releases, but that can
only be done once the release is made.

typically there is a window of time in which the changes that will be
going into a release are applied to a branch specificly created for that
release, so thta people can try it out and check for last minute bugs ...
at that point you will have a reasonably high level of confidence that you
know what is going to be in that release, and you could start working on
porting then (even though the release isn't final) recording what versions
you port and using subversion to check for any bug fixes made after that.

-Hoss