lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Don't use the same index for updating and searching
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 16:52:36 GMT

This doesn't really sound right ... were you by any chance using NFS (or
some other network storage mechanism) in the orriginal implimentation?

: So, this turned out not to be stable! After a while (a day or so, or two),
: any index would get corrupted, because a segment would disappear.
:
: I circumvented the problem using seperate indexes for searching and
: updating. The search index is copied every ten minutes to accomodate new
: search requests. The problem seems to have gone away.
:
: So here's my tip: if you have continuous updates and a lot of search
: requests, use different indexes for searching and for updating!

-Hoss