lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Changing Similarity on existing index
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2006 21:41:48 GMT

: Initially, I had anticipated that doing this would updated the
: Similarity as part of the add process.  But after running some tests,
: this does not appear to be the case.

fieldNorms are computed when the document is added to the index ...
merging indexes doesn't affect them.

: Is there some way I can update the Similarity on an index without having
: to query out each document, and re-indexing in a new index?

http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/misc/LengthNormModifier.html

	...but note the NOTE in the javadocs...

NOTE: This only works if you do not use field/document boosts in your index.

-Hoss