lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Indexing a single product in multiple categories.
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2006 17:57:57 GMT

: Is my only option here really going to be to add some more colums? I've slept
: on it over the weekend, and not had any more bright ideas ... ?

I have to admit, i dont't relaly udnerstand your problem ... you speak of
Products and Stores and Categories and Primary Categories and wondering
how to put all of that data in your index -- but you never discuss what
acctually matters: what do you want to do?  what is the point?

if i search for "foo" do you want to tell me all the products that match
"foo" ? do you want to tell me all of the product/store pairs that match
"foo" ... do you wnat to be able to search for products matching "foo"
confined to a particular store?  what differnce does it make that a
category can be in multiple stores?

-Hoss