lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Doron Cohen <DOR...@il.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Find if words are in the same phrase?
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 07:06:10 GMT
I am not sure I understand what you are asking.

I assume you are aware of Lucene Proximity Search - e.g. "jakarta apache"~4
- see http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/queryparsersyntax.html

Are you asking if it is possible to search for docs in which the gap
between the two words is exactly N, e.g. exactly 4? If so, this seems
equivalent to something like:

"jakarta apache"~4 AND NOT "jakarta apache"~3

Otherwise, could you explain a bit more - e.g. short sample content of a
doc that search should return and a doc that search should not return.

Hope this helps,
Doron

Michael Imbeault <michael.imbeault@sympatico.ca> wrote on 04/10/2006
20:07:34: