lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lucene searching algorithm
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2006 18:35:39 GMT
Hi Michael,

I think there are a number of good resources on this:

1.  http://lucene.apache.org/java/scoring.html covers the basics of
searching.  The bottom has some pseudo code as well.

2. Lucene In Action

3.  Search this list and other places for information on the Vector
Space Model.  The Wiki also has a number of links, etc. that may
prove useful, including a variety of talks and articles.

4.  Last of all, and probably best of all, the code!  Have a look at
how TermQuery and BooleanQuery work, as well as the Searchers, etc.

Hope this helps,
Grant

On Oct 8, 2006, at 6:57 AM, Michael Chan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know where I can find descriptions of Lucene's searching
> algorithm, besides the lecture at University of Pisa 2004? Has it been
> published? I'm trying to find a reference to the algorithm.
>
> Thanks,
> Michael

Grant Ingersoll
Sr. Software Engineer