lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Johan Stuyts" <j.stu...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Preventing merging by IndexWriter
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 13:37:39 GMT
> I just searched for 'faceted' on the e-mails I've seen since
> I subscribed to
> the list, and there are certainly discussions out there...

I did already, but...

> This thread might be particularly useful, started  15-May-2006
> *Aggregating category hits

it seems I missed this one. Thanks.

I guess it is time we started evaluating Solr.

I still see problems because of:
- very frequent updates (expected to be thousands an hour);
- dense facets, more than 1 in 20 documents in a facet (e.g. month,
department, site section);
- the filters are also used for authorization. We want to use facets for
authorization, this means we have to combine (disjunction and
conjunction) the bit sets (expected number is less than 10) of a user
for each request.

But I will keep looking for solutions, and trying different
implementations. Today I finished a very simple test suite with which I
can compare the implementations.

Johan