lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Apache Lucene" <lucenena...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IOException and index corruption
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 15:13:34 GMT
For example in the following statement
 doc.add(new Field("contents", parser.getReader(), Field.TermVector.YES));

The reader is causing the IOException when internally invertDocument()
method is called where tokenstream is generated from the reader. I am not
worried if the document info is corrupted in the index. But what I care the
most is if it affects other index data.

What is the best way to recover this? Unfortunately there is no easy way to
delete the document. If I keep a counter and track down this document. Can I
delete the document with IndexReader.deleteDocument(docNum); ?