lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mek <meki...@gmail.com>
Subject constructing smaller phrase queries given a multi-word query
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 05:59:49 GMT
Has anyone dealt with the problem of constructing sub-queries given a
multi-word query ?

Here is an example to illustrate what I mean:

user queries for -> A B C D
right now I change that query to "A B C D" A B C D to give phrase
matches higher weightage.

What might happen though, is that the user is looking for a document
where "A B" in Field1 & "C D"  in Field2.

So I should ideally be constructing the query as :

"A B C D"^20 "A B"^10 "C D"^10 "B C D"^15  "A B C"^15 A B C D

Has someone solved this problem, are there other ways to handle this problem ?

Thanks,
mek.