lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From KEGan <khoon.ee....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Announcement: Lucene powering Monster job search index (Beta)
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 16:13:40 GMT
Peter,

Congratulation on the beta launch :)

If you dont mind, I would like to ask you more on the feature "4. Sort by
Miles".

When you search by "4. Sort by Miles", I suppose the sorting by relevance
(of the search keyword) is lost? Since this is implemented using a custom
SortComparatorSource.

Also, I suppose, if FunctionQuery were used, we can make "job distance by
miles" part of the relavancy of the search results?

Could you comment or confirm my assertion ? Thanks :)