lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From KEGan <khoon.ee....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Number Proximity Query
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 08:15:04 GMT
Thanks Chis.

After spending half a day to "really" look into FunctionQuery (and related
classes), and re-reading about Weight and Scorer. I think I am beginning to
understand a bit. But more questions.

(1) Should values returned by DocValues (return from ValueSource) must
always betwen 1.0 and 0.0 ? How is this value affect the overall document
scores, assuming there are others Query clauses as well that is perform on
the document (on other fields).

(2) The documentation on the following functions is extremely lacking (no
matter where I looked). Any expert here can help out ?

-- Weight.getValue() : what values should be returned for
NumberProximityQuery?
-- Weight.sumOfSquareWeights() : no idea what is this for???
-- Weight.normalize() : still no idea
-- Scorer.score() : should this value always between 1.0 and 0.0 ?

Thanks.
~KEGan