lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Lu" <chris...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Jdbc Directory
Date Sun, 08 Oct 2006 08:37:14 GMT
Compass is free and good when you use hibernate to store data into
database and create Lucene index. What you found is a Jdbc based
implementation of Lucene Directory class, which is not specifically
for Compass.

Storing lucene's index content into database doesn't give you fast
performance compared with local file access, of course it may not
matter much depending on your application's requirement.

Chris Lu
Instant Lucene Search on Any Database/Application
http://www.dbsight.net