lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Björn Ekengren <bjorn.ekeng...@avanza.se>
Subject Sorting on dates using long
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 13:32:09 GMT
Hello,
I am trying to get sort by date to work. The dates are of form yyyyMMddhhmm and it seems that
sort sees them as Integers and discards the last four numbers since an integer isn't large
enough. I tried using SortField.STRING instead but then constantrangequery breaks (date:[200501010101
TO 200601010101] returns 0 hits). Is it possible to sort using a long or are there any other
solutions ? I would like to avoid splitting the date into several fields by other reasons.

--regards