lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bill Taylor <watay...@as-st.com>
Subject A question about query syntax, has it changed?
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 03:14:16 GMT
I am indexing individual pages of books.

I get no results from the query

accurate AND book:"first title"

Each lucene document which represents one page of one book gets a field
"book" which is indexed, stored, and not tokenized to store the title
of the book.

The word "accurate" appears on page one of the book "first title" as
well as in some other books.  I can find "accurate" alone, in which
case, it shows up from the other books as well.  But if I try to
restrict the search to the book named "first title," I get no hits.

Am I using the wrong query syntax?  I am using lucene 2.0 and the
documentation says the query syntax is for 1.9.

When I stepped through the query, the query parser created two things
to search for, but did not find anything.

It also did not find anything when I looked for

book:"first title"

or

book:(+"first title")

Luke says that there are 50 occurrences of "first title" in the book:
field, which is the same number as there are pages in the document, so
I suspect I am creating the index properly but not searching it
properly.

I got the expected number of responses to

page:1

but when I asked for page:[1 3]

it appeared to find far too many pages.