lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Amit Soni <amit_s...@netcore.co.in>
Subject Re: Lucene search priorities
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 14:07:20 GMT
Hi Erick,

Thanks for the reply.

Actually the priorities mean when i search for example for cancer then
in the result if get the result in order like
1. it appears in title
2. it appears in keywords
3. it appears in synonyms.

But right now with the default implementation when i search for query
'cancer' then for say document range 1 to 10 i got 9th result which
contains given 'cancer' query appears in synonyms field while in 10th
result the 'cancer' query appears in keyword field . But actually i want
10th result before 9th.

So i can do the same using Sort class. Or i can do the same with
anything else.

I hope you understand want i want to ask.

Thanks,
Amit Soni