lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Steven Rowe <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject Re: Lucene 2.0.1 release date
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:50:22 GMT
George Aroush wrote:
> From your email, I take it that even for the Java folks, they can't
> accumulate the list of files that make up 2.0.1.  Am I right?

There has never been and likely will never be a 2.0.1 release.

"2.0.1", "2.1" -- these are labels for *potential* future releases.

"2.1" is much more likely to be the label used for the next release than
"2.0.1".

If you just want to get a copy of the "trunk" (the latest development
versions of files in the Subversion repository, upon which a release
will eventually be based), run the following command, all on one line
(assumes you have installed Subversion):

----
svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/trunk/ lucene-trunk
----

The above command will create a new directory named "lucene-trunk" in
the current directory and then populate it with the latest versions of
the files in the Subversion repository.

If you want to know which files have changed (added, updated, deleted)
in the trunk since the 2.0.0 release, you can run the following (all on
one line) to get a (very very long) listing of unified context diffs for
all files:

----
svn diff http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/trunk
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/branches/lucene_2_0
----

The above command will dump its output to the console, so to capture it
you have to redirect it to a file, e.g. "svn .... > diff.txt".  Note
that the above command does *not* require a local working copy -- you
don't have to download anything first to run it.

If you just want a list of files that have changed since the 2.0.0
release, you can run the following to get an abbreviated diff output
(all on one line):

----
svn diff --diff-cmd diff -x -q
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/trunk
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/branches/lucene_2_0
----

The above command will give you output that looks like:

----
contrib/swing/src/java/org/apache/lucene/swing/models/TableSearcher.java
Files
contrib/swing/src/java/org/apache/lucene/swing/models/TableSearcher.java
(.../trunk)      (revision 468016) and
contrib/swing/src/java/org/apache/lucene/swing/models/TableSearcher.java
 (.../branches/lucene_2_0)       (revision 468016) differ
contrib/swing/src/java/org/apache/lucene/swing/models/ListSearcher.java
[...]
----

To pare this down to just a list of files, you could for example pipe
the svn output to a perl one-liner, i.e. (all on one line):

----
svn diff --diff-cmd diff -x -q
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/trunk
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/branches/lucene_2_0 | perl
-ne 'print $1 if (/^Index: (.*)/s);'
----

The above command will give you output that looks like:

----
contrib/swing/src/java/org/apache/lucene/swing/models/TableSearcher.java
contrib/swing/src/java/org/apache/lucene/swing/models/ListSearcher.java
[...]
----

Hope it helps,
Steve