lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Antony Bowesman <...@teamware.com>
Subject Re: Query not finding indexed data
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 06:44:58 GMT
Doron Cohen wrote:
> Hi Antony, you cannot instruct the query parser to do that. Note that an

Thanks, I suspected as much.  I've changed it to make the field tokenized.

> field name. This is an application logic to know that a certain query is
> not to be tokenized. In this case you could create your query with:
>   query = new TermQuery(fieldName, "IqTstAdminGuide2.pdf");

The query is user driven, so I can't know without parsing whether it should be
tokenised or not.  I would have to extend the parser to make use of TermQuery -
it's easier just to tokenize the field now I understand Lucene's behaviour.

Regards
Antony